Landscape planning - the basis for sustainable landscape development
The brochure focuses on the innovations regarding the tasks and contents of landscape planning regulated nationwide by the Federal Nature Conservation Act 2010 as well as new challenges and previously unsolved problems. The proven contents, procedures and functions of landscape planning have been described many times and will therefore only be listed in overview.
Federal Agency for Nature Conservation
Year of publication
The brochure focuses on the tasks and contents of landscape planning regulated nationwide by the Federal Nature Conservation Act 2010, as well as on new challenges and approaches still to be solved. The brochure
- addresses topics on the possible uses of landscape planning for different addressees and how the contents are prepared in a manner appropriate to the addressees,
- formulates requirements for GIS processing and design of plans,
- describes how landscape planning is anchored in the planning system and how a modular structure can be implemented,
- explains the new target dimensions of § 1 BNatSchG and presents the reference to ecosystem services for the contents of landscape planning,
- outlines content-related challenges such as climate change,
- describes the contribution of landscape planning to the strategic environmental assessment of other plans and programmes,
- makes statements on how planning processes and the participation of authorities, stakeholders and citizens can be designed and
- provides information on how the conditions for implementation can be optimised.